Jun 23, 2009

Indescribable

So lately I've been going out on our roof at night to stargaze. There's a window that opens right out onto the roof, so it's pretty easy to just climb out there.
It's a great way for me to just relax & think.

Lately I've been facing some very hard situations, but God is faithful, & it seems like every day He gives me encouragement in some way or another.
Sometimes it's through a verse I've read in my devotions, or a friend will send me a text & just to let me know they are praying for me. Little things that make a big difference.
But as big as a problem might seem sometimes, laying outside at night & staring at the stars is an awesome way to realize how small I am in the big picture, and how absolutely God is. I always find it so incredible that God chose me, & that he has a plan for me, even in this HUGE universe!

So now each time I go outside to stargaze, a song by Chris Tomlin comes to mind. It's Indescribable, & it talks about how God has created everything, He knows the stars by name, and yet he still cares for you & me. Not only does He care, but He loves us more than we can possibly imagine! If that's not encourage, I don't know what is! Lol.
Anyways, it is a great song. Here are the lyrics;



From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

No comments:

Post a Comment