Jun 22, 2010

Chlorinated, tanned, & lovin' summer!!

Hey there! Just sat down to relax & decided to update the good ol' blog. =)
These past two weeks have been great. I've been teaching swimming lessons Monday-Friday from 8 to noon with some of the most awesome lifeguards ever! The kiddos are a ton of fun...most of the time. There's always a troublemaker or two, but over all they're all good kids. Thankfully we have two teachers per group, & the guy that I team-teach with is a lot of fun to be around, so we basically just have a great time! We also have about an hour & a half where there are no kids in the pool, so I basically get paid to swim laps. I'm lovin' the butterfly this summer! It is definitely the most fun (& my new favorite) stroke. We also just goof off & hang out; best job ever! Lol. The only problem is all the chlorine....it is intense! Haha! After 5-6 hours in the pool, a headache & extremely chlorine-scented-skin is inevitable. But it's all good =)

Last week we also started a Bible study with the girls in our youth group at church. Me & Stephanie have been praying about starting up a group study & it finally worked out. Thursday night we talked about Ephesians 4, & unity in the church body as sisters in Christ. It was really encouraging to get to know some of the younger girls that I hadn't really been able to talk to before. Then on Monday night, Stephanie shared her testimony & what God has been doing in her life lately. That was such a huge blessing! She has been growing so much in her relationship with the Lord & she is such an amazing friend. I'm so excited to see how God will work through this Bible study. Please be praying for us as we prepare for next Monday night; I will be talking through Isaiah 43 & also Psalm 139.

Sunday night in church, I was able to share about my upcoming trip to Haiti. It went well, thank the Lord! I also got to talk to our Pastor's son-in-law, who was in Haiti for over a month immediately after the earthquake. He is just about to finish medical school, so he was among some of the first responders to go over & provide much needed medical care. He's an awesome guy. So it was really nice to be able to talk to him & get an idea of what to expect. God has been providing for the trip in an awesome way; I'm at about 75% with my support level =)

Well, I can't really think of anything else to share, so instead of rambling, I'll wrap it up! Haha. I hope that you all are having an amazing summer as well. Make sure you enjoy the sunshine!! Thanks for stopping by =)



P.S. Go USA!!! Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! Hahaha! (The U.S.A. vs. Algeria World Cup game is tomorrow for all of you non-soccer fans. Hopefully we won't get robbed again like we did against Slovenia...I'm still bitter. Lol! ; )

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for next week's Bible study! I have been memorizing Psalms 139 for LC, and I just love it. The passage teaches so much about who God is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing passage. At school, a guy named Andrew Scott did a series on that passage & it really impacted my view of God. I'm excited to share =) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete