Oct 14, 2009

Toga, toga, toga!




Haha! So that title really doesn't have much to do with the post, but its fun to chant, so that is my reasoning. Anyways!

It has been a busy couple of weeks! I am taking 17 credits, plus voice lessons & piano practice (which equals 13 hours of required practice each week). So I basically have no life. Lol! Just kidding. There is always time for fun here at Northland. Actually this whole week has been a blast. Its SPIRIT WEEK!! Woo-hoo! So we have different themes for each day: Monday was Classic Rome (thus the togas =). Tuesday was classic movie characters. Today is Kid Day! (Yay for not matching & wearing pigtails!). Tomorrow is Classic Northland day. Our instructions for today was to wear whatever we wore as kiddos, such as scrunchies, animal backpacks, & whatever else we used to think was 'all that & a bag of chips.' It was a ton of fun! Although yesterday had the best costumes. We had one guy walking around in a legit Darth Vader costume (complete with the theme music playing from speakers on his shoulder pads!) Lol. Sadly, I forgot my camera, so no pictures =(

Tomorrow, we are either supposed to wear old-school Northland tees, or we can dress up as our favorite professor. So there should be some interesting looking students wandering around campus tomorrow.

Friday is our day of rest. No classes! Yay! I love the majority of my classes, but sometimes you just need a 'catch-up' day. I will be heading home on Thursday night, so I'm super excited to see all of my family & friends.

Well, I better run down to the practice halls now. I'll put pics up from Spirit Week in my next post =) Thanks for stopping by! <3 you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Love the togas! Too cute! You really should consider adding one to your every day wardrobe! lol Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ~ silly human

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm totally going to start wearing togas everywhere! It was made out of a bed sheet,so it was SUPER warm & comfy. Lol!

    ReplyDelete