Jul 30, 2010

July in a nutshell

Hey everybody!! I know what you're thinking...well, not really; that would be creepy! But I know what I'm thinking: I've been worse with blogging over the summer than I was during college! This summer, though amazing, has been incredibly busy. God has definitely been growing me in ways that I never expected. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting a whole lot about what God has been teaching me lately. Honestly, that was because I wasn't really sure up until recently. I couldn't see the big picture in what God was doing in my life, but He showed me when the right time came along & I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you soon =)

Well, this week has been great! Starting out with the girl's Bible study on Monday. A lot of the girls were gone to music camp at Northland, so we had a small group. We discussed Roman's 6 & what it means to be dead to sin, which was challenge & a blessing. I also took one of the girls along with me for a Walmart run; she has been going through a really tough time at home lately, so I was thankful for a chance to have a good talk with her while we were in the car. It's neat how the Lord opens up opportunities when we least expect them =)

Unfortunately, this week was filled with lots of hospital trips for our family. Last week, my big brother was bitten by a poisonous spider. Being the guy that he is, he didn't think too much of the spider bite until the skin around it turned black... never a good sign. Lol. He went into the hospital & got it taken care of, thankfully. I always worry about that boy since he's so far away from home. Then on Monday, my dad hit his leg with a chainsaw...yes, you read that right: a chainsaw!! NOT GOOD. Thank the Lord, he's okay. By okay I mean his leg is full of stitches, but should begin healing & he'll be able to go back to work again in a month or so. Please pray for him if you think of it.
 My older sister is now 2 weeks overdue to have her baby, so she's READY for a hospital visit =) Lol. Then yesterday I went to the hospital to get all of the necessary shots & prescriptions for my upcoming trip to Haiti. It was so cool how it worked out; the lady that gave me the shots was a Christian who has been to Haiti for missions trips every year for the past 5 years. She also went over shortly after the earthquake to provide medical care, so I was able to get a lot of helpful information from her. I only had to get one shot this week, but there will be 2 more follow ups, as well as medication for typhoid & malaria...the malaria meds gave me a fever today, so that was no fun =( But anyways, yesterday was a blast! After getting the shots, Krystle (one of my best friends) & I went to the mall & found some great stone wash jeans & neon t-shirts. They're having an 80's theme day at her job next week, so she needed some crazy clothes. Haha! After that we came back to our church in Chetek to play some music. The night before we had played around on the piano & decided that we would like to write a song together, so she wrote most of the lyrics & I worked on the melody. It's themed around God's amazing forgiveness & His sacrifice for us on the cross; hopefully I'll be able to share the finished song with you all someday =)

This weekend, I'm hoping to finally meet my niece, so hopefully I can share pictures of Peanut on here soon =) Other than that, relaxing sounds like a wonderful idea. Only a little over a week until I fly down to Ft. Pierce, Florida; from there I will meet the rest of the team & we will fly out to Cape Haitian with Missionary Flights International. I'll try to post more information about the trip soon, but if you all could pray for the 13 of us that will be going, I would really appreciate it =) After I get back from Haiti, there will only be about 2 weeks left of summer break. Crazy, huh? I think so! Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

"Cast your burden on the Lordand He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! An update on your crazy life!!! :) Love you so much. Great to hear about everything going on...well not so great about the hospital stuff :( I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It has been craziness. I'm actually starting to look forward to the "normalness" of school...I will miss summer though...& home. I miss you too! I can't wait to see you; should be soon! (if Peanut ever decides to come. Lol!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete