Jan 4, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


This Christmas I got to spend the weekend down at my sister, Amber's house with my wonderful family! As you can see, my adorable niece, Bri, LOVES making silly faces for the camera =)


Bri also loved opening her dozens of presents, & helping everybody else with theirs as well. Haha!


My big brother got to come too! It's always special when we can spend time with him. He is active duty in the military, so often he is overseas or on base for holidays. It was great to spend a few days with him!


I love my sister, Amber! I am SO thankful for the encouragement she has been to me, especially over the past several months. During the 3 months I was in Peru, she was one of the only people I could count on hearing from regularly, & that meant SO much to me. She also went out of her way to prepare a big "Thanksgiving Dinner" with all the trimmings on Christmas day, all because I wasn't able to have a traditional meal over Thanksgiving. She is so considerate, & so much fun to be around.


This Christmas was one of the best I can remember. The past few years I've been been guilty of taking the important things for granted & focusing more on the lesser things. But this year, after being so far away from my loved ones for so long, it just really hit me how much I have to be thankful for just to be able to spend time with my family over the holidays. I honestly almost forgot about opening presents I was just having so much fun cooking with my mom & sister, playing with my niece, & torturing my big brother. Haha! I am so thankful for all of the blessings the Lord has given to me =)

2 comments:

  1. Aw. Alicia. This post brought tears to my eyes. I love you so much too, and I was so happy to keep in touch with you. I looked forward to talking to you whenever I could. You are such an inspiration and encouragement to me. I had so much fun with you for Christmas too!

    PS...Bri did not have DOZENS of presents! LOL...but close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah she sure did enjoy opening presents! It was a great time at Amber's. You're right the fun times are so much more than the gifts! With the exception of my Coach bag, gifts are too quickly forgotten. Unless you have a planner to look back on! lol

    ReplyDelete