Dec 20, 2009

Bittersweet

Well, my first semester of college is officially over. Kind of hard for me to believe. I had an amazing semester; God has definitely taught me a lot since September. I have also made some amazing friends that I don't know how I ever lived without! It's so nice to be home, but I miss some of my friends already. Like Ashlee & Emilee (they're in the first picture underneath this paragraph =) they are pretty much my honorary sisters. I can talk to them about absolutely anything! They are always encouraging me in my walk with the Lord as well, which is such a blessing! I'm so incredibly thankful that God gave me such amazing friends!
.
Emilee and Ashlee

Me and Emee

Ashlee and I


Another friendship I was thankful to develop was with an MK from South America named Krystle. She is actually from my home church, but I never really knew her since her family has been out on the field for the past several years. It's so funny, the first time Krystle & I met a couple of years ago, we really didn't like each other. But now we are very good friends! She is an awesome girl & a huge encouragement to me.

This was while we were "studying" for finals. We got a little dramatic after a few hours. Lol!

After the drama, we got a bit slap happy! Haha! ...good times =)

I'm also very thankful for the roommates that God gave me. Both Ashley (middle) & Liz (right) have been a blessing to me in completely different ways. It's so cool, because God knew exactly the right people to room me with, it has been awesome & I am looking forward to spending another semester with them.

So after an incredible first semester I am now home on break for five weeks & I have some amazing news: God is already opening up an incredible ministry opportunity! This semester in World History we were learning about the origins of the Islamic religion & after that lecture I felt a huge burden for the Muslim people. I started praying about it & God brought to mind a great couple from our church that are currently serving as missionaries to a community of Muslim people that live nearby. After speaking with them about it today, it looks like I will be able to help them over break & hopefully over the summer as well. I will be working as a tutor to Muslim women, so please be in prayer that through this position I will be able to share the good news of the Gospel, & also show them the love of Christ. Thank you all again for your prayers over this semester, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. I hope that you all have a wonderful week as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit." ~1 Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment